Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Ultimate Photography - For any person - amateur or professional - who loves photography. From portfolios with high-quality images to tutorials

Forums     Login   Signup

Ultimate Photography

Manager: system1
The Community Forum for DISCUSSION relating to photography DO NOT SPAM! We ask that you respect others by recognizing the difference. If you have a website to promote, JOIN THE RING! That is what it is for. Keep the Forum for discussion ONLY. Due to the high amount of spam, you must be LOGGED INTO your WebRing User ID to post a comment. Sorry, but you can thank the "underdeveloped" photographers for the need for that rule.

Sponsored Links

Welcome to the Ultimate Photography Forum
A forum for Ultimate Photgraphy
  Now that Webring has given us the option to have a forum for the ring, we m

To our Visitors
  Welcome! While you are here, do not forget to click on "View Ring Sites" wh

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Feedback please -- Australian Photo Safari - 02/10/2005
I'm planning a photo safari in the Grampian mountains in Australia.

I've always wanted to do a wilderness shoot in Australia and I have a holiday coming up. I did some number crunching to gauge feasibility and ran into a lot of considerations. (eg. Land Rover rental, Petrol, supplies too big for airplane check-through etc.) Anyhow, long story short, I realised the only way to manage it is by organising another group expedition.

I am a hobby photographer and I come from a long line of avid outdoorsmen. I was raised in the wilderness and have learnt traditional wilderness lifestyles and tracking techniques from several of the world's indigenous peoples. Work, study, and curiosity have taken me around much of the world, from equatorial jungles to snow-capped peaks, rain-forest, and deserts. My partners, a professional photographer, and my father (a man from whom I've learnt most of what I know of the outdoors) are also avid travellers. Together we teach skills necessary for effective wilderness photography -- and bush survival in general. Depending on enrolment there will be additional photographers and trackers. The goal is to have no more than ~5 people per guide.

I'd love to hear any ideas on how to improve on the safari and, if anyone here has any experience planning photo expeditions, I would also like advice on how to promote it. My previous trips have been here in Japan and back in America. They were always local, therefore cheaper, and word-of-mouth was all I needed to fill them. Asking people to take time off from work and fly to another continent, however, is where my word-of-mouth network comes up dry (much to my humiliation).

I look forward to your advice.

Thanks a lot!

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy