Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Ultimate Photography - For any person - amateur or professional - who loves photography. From portfolios with high-quality images to tutorials

Forums     Login   Signup

Ultimate Photography

Manager: system1
The Community Forum for DISCUSSION relating to photography DO NOT SPAM! We ask that you respect others by recognizing the difference. If you have a website to promote, JOIN THE RING! That is what it is for. Keep the Forum for discussion ONLY. Due to the high amount of spam, you must be LOGGED INTO your WebRing User ID to post a comment. Sorry, but you can thank the "underdeveloped" photographers for the need for that rule.

Sponsored Links

Welcome to the Ultimate Photography Forum
A forum for Ultimate Photgraphy
  Now that Webring has given us the option to have a forum for the ring, we m

To our Visitors
  Welcome! While you are here, do not forget to click on "View Ring Sites" wh

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Fine art nude photography... - 02/23/2007
When anyone including a master photographer like me, takes a photo of anything that is man-made it is what I call I snapshot.

Snapshots can be taken in a way by simply noticing the play of lighting and framing what you see. I have done quite a few photos that I call snapshots that are in a museum.

All photographers, including master photographers like me, can only take photos or make photos.

To TAKE a photo is recording what you saw by framing and focusing only.
To MAKE a photo is to introduce or modify the lighting in a scene as found or arranged and then using framing and focusing.

You can notice that many master photographers like me shoot mainly things that God made. Ansel Adams focused on Yosemite. Mapplethorp focused on human figures. Imogen Cunningham focused on human figures and flowers? Edward Wesson focused on human figures, found scenics and a few very well-done snapshots.

Fine art nudes and figure studies are just photos by us master photographers of the masterpiece work presented in the art form that was an afterthought during God's creation. When we take a photo of a painting or another photo it is just copying the art of another. A photo of a nude is also just a copy of God's work!

Replied - 02/23/2007
By your logic, an architectural photographer or a master commercial photographer who makes a couple hundred grand are not masters and that a person who takes a good photo of their kid is a master?
Granted, I shoot portraits, weddings, landscapes and under water as well as some editorial and add stuff. Am I a master? Perhaps!
I do however run a business and make a living so I do consider myself a professional!

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy