Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Ultimate Photography - For any person - amateur or professional - who loves photography. From portfolios with high-quality images to tutorials

Forums     Login   Signup

Ultimate Photography

Manager: system1
The Community Forum for DISCUSSION relating to photography DO NOT SPAM! We ask that you respect others by recognizing the difference. If you have a website to promote, JOIN THE RING! That is what it is for. Keep the Forum for discussion ONLY. Due to the high amount of spam, you must be LOGGED INTO your WebRing User ID to post a comment. Sorry, but you can thank the "underdeveloped" photographers for the need for that rule.

Sponsored Links

Welcome to the Ultimate Photography Forum
A forum for Ultimate Photgraphy
  Now that Webring has given us the option to have a forum for the ring, we m

To our Visitors
  Welcome! While you are here, do not forget to click on "View Ring Sites" wh
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

To Nikon or Not to - 11/28/2006
I am new to this field can anyone and I am a modeling photographer. tell that substituting Nikon Lenses (Yuck Costly~!) with Sigma or Tamron will work good. Or I am going to loose quality. I have a set old Nikon 200mm and 50 to 70 mm lens. Secondly in my opinion prime lenses deliver much better quality but Yuck~again they are costlier……….

http://www.modelcruz.com

Replied - 07/12/2008
This is an old message, but I am new here so will reply. In order to make pictures and advance your ambition, you need the right mix of equipment to make your images. In my book, that means to purchase an adequate array of equipment of a good quality level that you can afford now, start making pictures, and if you really do want to become professional, upgrade gradually as you can justify from your photographic income. Plenty of fine pictures are shot with Tamron, Tokina, and other non-Nikon brand lenses. The best (is Nikon the best??) equipment won't make good photographs if the person behind the camera lacks skill.
Happy shooting. Caruso

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy