Replying to WebRing.com Emails
The new WebRing.com email system may have advantages, but it presents some new "challenges" as well.
One of those "challenges" is responding to an email.
Emails provide a link that works. But they do NOT include the original message.
Nothing is quiet as useless to me as receiving a reply that does not include the original message.
I've even written about this problem.
So, to "conquer" this challenge, here is the technique I use.
1. When I receive an email from WebRing.com and want to reply to it, I just click on "reply".
2. My email program is set to ALWAYS include the message to which I'm replying.
3. Then I type my reply at the top of the email, the message to which I'm replying is listed below. (This is an internet custom; AOL does it "backwards".)
4. Having typed my reply, I don't send. Instead, I click the link in the original email to reply.
5. This opens the WebRing.com email panel.
6. Now I just copy/paste my reply (which now includes the original email as well) into the email panel.
7. I also copy/paste my reply subject (which now includes the original subject, preceeded by a "RE:".
8. Then I click on WebRing.com to send.
This way, the original sender gets the reply AND the reply includes both an appropriate subject AND it includes the original email as well.
James S. Huggins
to contact me: http://JSH.us/webringemail