Home | What's New | Help | Sign In/Join

Webspace Support

Tell a friend about this site Email a friend 
Manager: support
Webspace SupportNeed help with something related to your managing and editing your Webspace? Check out the sites listed on the Sites page or the Permanent Posts below for some of the most commonly asked questions. Don't see an answer to your question? Search the posts, or post a new question. Answers may take a little time, so please have patience. Coming soon...
Sponsor this Ring

Add your site to WebRing
  Hub Member Sites Forum Directory  
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 11 of 11
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

It's Baaaack) - 08/25/2011
I see there is conversation in a thread from last month but in case the date on the thread may cause it not to be viewed, I'm starting a new thread.

Since yesterday, I have tried to access my folders & files for the purpose of updating. I have tried in two accounts (the other being avonrep_andrea) on two different computers (one home & the other my store) using two different browsers (Firefox & Chrome).

When I click the folder icon so I can access the files (either to edit OR upload overwrites), the "loading" icon continually indicates an attempt to load the page but nothing happens. I left it spooling overnight but still did not get in.

I also posted this in the publisher forum but thought maybe I was in the wrong forum...

Replied - 08/25/2011
i am having this problem too. simply uploading the page deletes the old one but does not add the new one, which means i now have a nonexistent page and failing code. trying to use the editor, which i never do, just gives the same result. it's been this way all day and overnight, and i used both ie AND chrome.

g

Replied - 08/25/2011
i'm having the same problem too. i am using Internet Explorer 9 with all the latest updates. Just in case there was a problem with my Java software, i updated to the latest version of Java. i am still having the problem. i have also tried switching to "compatibility view", but this doesn't help either. i am trying this on August 25, 2011 at approximately 9:45 pm Eastern Daylight Time zone in Toronto Canada.

What i want to do is upload a new picture to a subfolder and also upload revised versions of some of my webpages. i believe that clicking on the folder icon is the only way to accomplish this.

i would much appreciate any help that the Webring support people can offer. Many thanks.

Replied - 08/26/2011
i can tell you from my experience that if you do manage to upload revisions, you will end up with blank pages, so i advise you to wait until this is fixed before uploading anything at all.

g

Replied - 08/26/2011
This is bad. I am using Firefox and getting the same results.

Replied - 08/27/2011
The problem seems to be fixed! i was able to access the file folder system without the "looping" problem and upload a new file plus revised versions of existing files. i achieved this success on Saturday August 27, 2011 at about 8:35 pm Eastern Daylight Time in Toronto, Canada.

Many thanks to whoever at WebRing fixed this problem. Your work is much appreciated.

Replied - 08/27/2011
The problem seems to be fixed! i was able to access the file folder system without the "looping" problem and upload a new file plus revised versions of existing files. i achieved this success on Saturday August 27, 2011 at about 8:35 pm Eastern Daylight Time in Toronto, Canada.

Many thanks to whoever at WebRing fixed this problem. Your work is much appreciated.

Replied - 08/27/2011
Glad it's working OK. we have been workingon things, but communication has been lacking as our email service is limited by the hurricane, so support queries have been a tad slow in response.

Replied - 08/31/2011
Hey, you can't use my hurricane (and certainly not my earthquake) to explain away left coast issues. Get your own natural disasters. We don't have many to claim as our own & we want to keep these special for us! Especially since Irene came to visit on my birthday (and she blew out my candles, the attention hog!)

Replied - 08/31/2011
Well that true, and a thousand hapy birthdays on top :) Let's see, the email really was irene related as that is handled in Virginia, but we must be able to be creative.... Deer? We've been overwhelmed by Bambi of late. Attacking people, dogs, cars. It's a nightmare.

Replied - 09/01/2011
Yup, I'm feeling about 1000 years old these days. No wildlife issues here, so we'll let you have that. haha One nice thing about Irene, she left gorgeous weather behind!

All Threads |   All Posts   ]
Popular | The Shops at WebRing | Blogs | Webspace | Discuss
Family & Home | Games & Gaming | Music | Pets | Politics | Religion
Art | Literature | Computers | Entertainment | Fitness | Hobbies & Crafts | Science | Sports & Rec | Travel
Business | Cultural | Education | Food | Regional | Relationships
Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy