Home | What's New | Help | Sign In/Join

Webspace Support

Tell a friend about this site Email a friend 
Manager: support
Webspace SupportNeed help with something related to your managing and editing your Webspace? Check out the sites listed on the Sites page or the Permanent Posts below for some of the most commonly asked questions. Don't see an answer to your question? Search the posts, or post a new question. Answers may take a little time, so please have patience. Coming soon...
Sponsor this Ring

Add your site to WebRing
  Hub Member Sites Forum Directory  
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Where & how do I upload my website for publishing please? - 07/02/2013
Hi I'm new here and I am kinda stupid like all newbies. I already started by posting this in the wrong forum lol.
brbr
I have a multi-page website I just scripted in html and this time I am not so stupid, because I wrote it in only one day lol. But it is not yet published and is just sitting on my pc.
brbr
I want to transcribe it on to Webring but I cannot find out how I do it and where. Can someone direct me please because I have obviously missed something in the technojargon?
brbr
Cheers Seann

Replied - 07/02/2013
Hi,
Great to have you here!
To upload a file (html or otherwise) into your webspace area try this:
1. sign in and go to your admin (my account) area
2. click the webspace/cms link in the gray menu bar
3. click the yellow folder icon (tip is manage files and folders). This opens your CMS widget.
4. select upload files and upload

Be advised that firefox broke itself in it latest couple releases and is currently not working. IE 8 may also have a problem under XP. Most other browsers however work just fine.

This link may be handy as well:
http://www.webring.com/h/webspacehowto

Replied - 07/02/2013
Thankx! That simple eh? I was looking for some convoluted scheme to set up the website first and then upload. That was really helpful alround.
Yes you are right; FF does not open the folder.
And I never trusted IE because it seems to be an open invitation to all hacksters.
Maxthon has imploded recently as well and that was the best.
What is it with browsers?
I might try Chrome or Omega.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]
Popular | The Shops at WebRing | Blogs | Webspace | Discuss
Family & Home | Games & Gaming | Music | Pets | Politics | Religion
Art | Literature | Computers | Entertainment | Fitness | Hobbies & Crafts | Science | Sports & Rec | Travel
Business | Cultural | Education | Food | Regional | Relationships
Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy